Dear Guys On Tinder, 10 Professional Tips For A Sexier Profile Picture Now
Believe it or not this post actually does have to do with photography…
Not too long ago I had a very interesting conversation with a couple of my favorite gentleman about the usage of my photos as Tinder profile pics. Just as one of the fine fellows suggested that I could make a fairly lucrative career out of taking professional shots of people for their dating profiles the other told me that in fact a photo I had taken of him was very much his profile shot for that particular dating sight. This definitely piqued my curiosity, so I ventured back into the realm of the online dating scene via Tinder to get a closer look. After merely a few weeks of scrolling through men I think I can officially say that yes, some of them DEFINITELY need a professional photographers help, but some of them maybe just need punched. Since I have a long running stance on non-violence, though, I feel a happy medium would be to just put together a quick list of DO’s and DON’T’s for a gentleman to use when crafting that perfect profile photo to lure their own enchantress. I can’t say that I speak for women everywhere as I divulge these little nuggets of wisdom, but I daresay these tips will definitely not hurt you so why not give them a try. So, without further ado here are a few notes from a female professional photographer’s stand point on why you may or may not be reeling in the ladies…
- If you simply do not have access to a friend to take a photo of you for your profile, and you must use a selfie, do NOT take that selfie at Walmart.
- Why so serious??? DO smile. People wanna be around positive people.
- Natural poses are best. Try something fun and light hearted. That gangsta pose… save it for your Facebook profile. Girls don’t wanna see that… No one wants to see that.
- I’m not sure why so many of your photos are of you in cars with sunglasses on, but I assure you no matter how bright your future is no one looks good from that upward angle. Is your hand tired? Do you need to rest it on the stick or console to get that shot? No… no you don’t. Lift it up in front of your face.
- Don’t use a group photo as your main profile photo. I can’t tell who you are. I will assume you have confidence issues and/or you are the ugly one.
- Do include your pet… as long as it’s not a feret or something. I mean like your dog. Dog’s are awesome.
- Along those same lines… You are only allowed like six photos on Tinder…. Maybe your cat doesn’t need to be in all of them.
- Please include at least one full body shot, so we can see if that thick beard’s companion is a pair of skinny jeans or Wranglers. I’m not saying one is better than the other. I’m just saying we don’t like any surprises down there.
- Don’t post your skydiving photo until you are grown up enough to do a solo jump. I’m not swiping right on a guy strapped to some else. I’m just not ready for that type of commitment yet in my life.
- And last, but certainly not least… Put your shirt on.
Well, I suppose that’s enough for my first little advice column. I’ve had a lot of fun gazing through the meat market, and compiling this little list, but I don’t want you guys out there to forget the most important thing which is… No matter what my list or anyone else’s list says it is more important to be yourself. I wanted to throw out some good tips, but no matter what, if you’re not comfortable it will show in your photo. If you feel the most at ease posing with the friendliest greeter at Walmart then do it, and my advice be damned. I truly believe that above all else in this world people must like other people for who they truly are. Change to better yourself, change to survive, but never change you for me or anybody else. Love yourself. It will shine through in your photos everytime, and every lady on Tinder will be at the mercy of being in love with the best version of you.
Well, that’s all for now! I hope you all enjoyed my first little adventure into listicles. I’m not sure if I’ll ever travel this path again, but you never know. Lord knows I have an opinion about everything, so make sure you drop back by melodieyvonne.com to get the scoop firsthand! I look forward to seeing y’all here again real soon 🙂